Upgrade your medical degree now
A unique program conceptualized to meet the growing demands of Specialty Physicians and to upgrade their knowledge and skills
Texila American University has developed knowledge; competency and research based programs in various specialties to augment the dearth of specialty in various fields.
Many developing countries often have physician shortages due to limited numbers and capacity of medical schools and want more for specialty doctors. Keeping the growing demands in mind, Texila American University, located in Guyana, S. America visualized and conceptualized this unique program.
PG Advanced Standing programs are a unique program offered in association with the University of Central Nicaragua where TAU is their Academic Partners. Medical professionals with PG Diploma’s or DNB candidates can pursue his/her MD/MS program under TAU.
TAU offers various MD/MS programs catering to the needs of the Medical professionals. It includes
- Internal Medicine/General Medicine
- Chest Medicine
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
Pg dilploma holders with or with out experience. DNB pass/fail students and also students with MRCOG/MRCP/FRCP/FCPS (Part 1/Part2) completed doctors
- 6 months – for MD/MS program MD/MS program
- 1year – for DNB appeared doctors
- 1 year – for doctors with 5 + years experience post PG diploma
- 1.5 years – for doctors who have 3+ years experience post diploma
- 2 years – for doctors with less than 3 years experience
Advantages of the program
- Student can pursue from his own place without re-locating as it is an External program.
- Study while you earn – Need not leave the present profession.
- Can acquire wider knowledge and exposure.
- Duration of the program would be minimal which depends on the qualification and experience obtained.
- Advantages of upgrading from DNB or a Diploma course to MS/MD degree.
- Apostilled MD/MS degree from WHO recognized University.
Salient features of PG Advanced Standing program
- Knowledge, competency and research based customized program developed by TAU.
- Unique program, whereby the PG Diploma holders, DNB candidates can pursue their MD/MS program under TAU.
- DNB passed / failed candidates are eligible for this program.
- Students acquire clinical skills through training in Hospitals and Clinics.
- Students review contemporary articles and publish in international journals.
- Students have the option of selecting the 6 months / 1 year / 1.5 years / 2 years programs according to their qualification.
Apply online for upgradation programs
Texila American University (TAU) gives you the flexibility, resources and expertise to reach your educational goals. Unlike traditional classroom experiences the TAU focuses on high technology learning
Texila American University has developed knowledge; competency and research based customized Master of Medical Science (MMSc) programs in various medical specialties to augment the dearth of specialty doctors in various medical fields. Similar programs are very much in vogue in countries like United Kingdom, Australia and Malaysia. Final Degree will be offered by UCN.
Duration : 1 year
Eligibility : Completion of Bachelors in Medicine with medical council registration to practise
Salient features of MMSc Program
- Texila American University has developed knowledge, competency and research based customized Master of Medical Science programs in various medical specialties to augment the dearth of specialty doctors in various medical fields.
- The MMSc programs are also offered in the form of diplomas for the students to get benefited in various aspects.
- Students will be able to procure a world class Master’s degree in a span of one year.
- The MMSc programs are also offered in the form of diplomas for the students to get benefitted in various aspects.
- The main thrust of the program is to gain knowledge and competencies through blended learning which is acquired through an appropriate interplay of course work, clinical work and research
- Work in hospitals or attend hospitals/clinics to acquire necessary clinical skills.
- Students have the opportunity to attend CME programs to gain more credits.Students are exposed to Article Reviews and Publications to understand the contemporary innovation and research in the concerned specialty.
Apply online for MMSc programs:
Texila American University (TAU) has developed knowledge and skill based program; Masters in Medicine ( M.Med ) is a postgraduate academic degree awarded by medical schools to medical doctors following a period of instruction and examination. The degree is awarded in both surgical and medical subspecialties and includes a dissertation component involving original research.
This is a unique program offered by TAU, whereby students who have completed their under Graduation in MBBS can pursue the MD/MS program through Texila.
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Completion of Bachelors in Medicine with medical council registration to practice
Royal College Examinations training provided by expert faculties along with the MD/MS program
The various specializations offered are:
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
Salient features of PG Regular (MD/MS) program:
- PG Regular program is a unique program offered by TAU, whereby students who have completed their under graduation in MBBS can pursue the MD/MS program through Texila.
- Students are selected based on their educational qualification.
- Students who have completed their MBBS are enrolled in the program in university approved Hospitals for training.
- Enrollment of students takes place twice a year – March and September.
- Since the PG programs are affiliated to 3 major Universities abroad and 5 major hospitals in India, wide recognition is achieved worldwide for the students.
- Teaching the skills necessary to sustain a lifetime of learning.
- The main highlight of this program is that the curriculum is designed in lines with MRCP/MRCS/FRCR pattern.
- Students are given training for taking up the MRCP/MRCS/FRCR exams which facilitates the students to get recognition worldwide and obtain a degree on par with the global standards.
- Royal College Examinations training provided by expert faculties along with the MD/MS program.
Affiliated Training Hospitals:
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital | Bengaluru | India
- KG Hospital | Coimbatore | India
- Ruby Hall Clinic | Pune | India
- Mata Chanan Devi Hospital | New Delhi | India
Texila American University (TAU) one of the best Caribbean Medical school is located in Guyana, the only English-speaking country in South America. 4 Years Bachelor of Science in Nursing Provides student an opportunity to get in touch nursing profession practically as well as theoretically. The program is designed on the basis of requirement of professional at Developed and Developing economy Eligibility:
- Students from HIGH School will Undergo a 4 year [ 12 Semester program ] as we RUN 3 semesters a year.
- Students from A levels or Higher Secondary schooling with the last 2 years focusing on Subjects in Biology and Chemistry will Skip the two 2 semesters of the BSN nursing program
Salient Features of the program
- Opportunity for learning at the College, local hospitals, and community health agencies.
- Preparation to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.
- Oppturnity work as a Nurse in the healthcare facilities of United States of America.
- Job options in a variety of environments including hospitals, GP surgeries, clinics, nursing and residential homes, occupational health services, voluntary organisations.
For more details visit our website and apply online
About Texila American University
Texila American University (TAU) one of the best Caribbean Medical school is located in Guyana, the only English-speaking country in South America. TAU offers Health Science and Doctor of Medicine programs with a high level of professionalism, exactness and problem solving skills, upon which the foundations of specialist training and an independent medical practice can be built, which facilitates further education and development of their knowledge throughout their life.
- BS MD (5.5years )
- BS MD US Track (5.5years)
- Direct MD (4years )
- Direct MD US Track (4 years )
5.5 Years Medicine Program:
Eligibility: High School or “A” Level
4 Years direct MD program:
Eligibility: Diploma/Bachelor degree in Health Science
Advantages of the program
- The nature of the Premedical Foundation with TAU allows the students to obtain strong foundation in the natural sciences recommended by USA/UK medical universities
- Opportunity for USA Clinical Rotation and greater advantages in applying to U.S. residencies
- Learning new methods and techniques, and studying new theories through our continuous education platform
- Students are counseled throughout their undergraduate careers about opportunities available to them at every stage
- Skilled Faculty with a passion for teaching with personal attention