Many people will agree that finding food that is nutritious, great-tasting and affordable can be difficult. In fact, most of us think that it can be possible to obtain at least the first two of those goals, yet difficult to combine all three. Nevertheless, you should not think this goal hopeless; it is possible to find healthy, delicious recipes suitable to your budget. All you have to do is to be mindful when choosing what you eat. If your budget will allow, choosing organic meat and dairy will help to improve the nutritional profile of your meals. Below are some healthy foods that won’t break the bank.
1. White chili – This is a healthy and delicious meal that will suit any tight budget. Made with white beans and spices, a small amount of lean ground meat goes a long way. Make a delicious creamy base with yogurt and chicken broth.
2. Omelet – To get the most nutrition from this eggs choose those from free-range chickens. Made with loads of fresh, in-season vegetables, this can be a great way to get a delicious meal for not a lot of money.
3. Pork tenderloin – Cooking tenderloin is very cost-effective, yet can be very healthy. You should not be intimidated about the price of tenderloin because it will surely fits in your budget and at the same time ensures to be a healthy food.
4. Yogurt – Packed with healthy probiotics to support gut health, yogurt is also high in protein. Choose plain, whole mik organic yogurt to avoid added hormones, antibiotics, and other chemicals. A quick and delicious way to serve it is as a parfait with fresh fruit, nuts or granola.
5. Broccoli – Rich in phytonutrients and fiber this is a versatile vegetable to include in your diet. It can be eaten raw, cooked, steamed, in soups, casseroles, side dishes and more. While it does have a distinctive flavor, you can also use broccoli when juicing.
Eating healthy foods need not be expensive because you can find foods that are affordable and healthy. On the other hand, while looking for affordable foods you should make sure not to compromise on the quality of your foods. Indeed, eating healthy foods on budget means selecting the foods that are full of nutrients but are affordable. Low budget meals include grains, beans, vegetables and fruits. They are not only easy to prepare and affordable but also highly nutritious. Smart planning, creativity, and resourcefulness in shopping for foods and preparing foods can help you create delicious, healthy meals.
Source: grains and more