One of the world’s healthiest foods is Carrot. Carrots are a great way to infuse good nutrition and flavor into your diet. With this power food, you get vitamin A and a host of other powerful health benefits.
– Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver which is further converted to rhodopsin, a purple pigment necessary for night vision.
– Beta-carotene in carrot acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism thus it helps slow down the aging of cells.
– Carrots have not only beta-carotene but also alpha-carotene and lutein which lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
– Studies show that carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
– Vitamin A and antioxidants in carrots protect the skin from harmful effects of sun rays. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
– Carrots also considerably reduce cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids.
Source: Health me up