In this scorching heat people are at high risk of dehydration and worse. A heat stroke occurs when a person faces prolonged exposure to high temperatures in combination with dehydration.
Without proper fluid intake, the body becomes dehydrated. If dehydration is untreated, it can lead to permanent brain damage and even death. So, it is necessary to be a little cautious and not to succumb to heat stroke.
Here area a few tips to avoid dehydration:
- Drinking plenty of water is a must. If if you don’t feel thirsty, try drinking at least 7-8 glasses of water a day to prevent heat stroke.
- Eat a lot of juicy fruits as they help maintain water balance inside the body. Watermelons, muskmelons, chikku, kiwi are a good cjoice as all of them have antioxidant properties and water content so eating them will help quench thirst and avoid dehydration.
- Avoid eating a lot of spicy food and instead go for fresh green vegetables.
- Limit caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as they increase your body’s fluid needs.
- Wear light colour clothing as light colours absorb heat better during summers and allow sweat to evaporate.
- Avoid heavy exertion and vigorous exercise specially during daytime as it makes your body work a lot and sweat a lot and might lead to dehydrtion.
Source: india vision